Wisdom Wealth Strategies Logo

Can I do a Section 1031 Exchange With My Rental Property?

Get the latest expert financial tips and advice + access to our free financial checklists.

A Section 1031 Exchange, also known as a like-kind exchange, is a tax-deferred exchange that allows you to defer capital gains taxes when you sell certain types of investment or business properties and reinvest the proceeds into another similar property. The flowchart below gives you some key points to consider when it comes to your rental property.


CLICK HERE to download this flowchart


Download our Free Financial Planning Worksheets

Join our mailing list to receive your 2024 Tax & Financial Planning Guide, as well as your Net Worth Statement and Spending Plan.